Access for federal college student aid for the 2021-2022 school year is now open at Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Through the FAFSA link, SAISD students planning to attend college next year and their families can apply for their share of $150 billion in aid. This year it is anticipated that it will be more important than ever to complete FAFSA applications as soon as possible to improve the likelihood of receiving aid.
This is because schools often distribute student aid funds on a first-come, first-serve basis in order of when students complete the financial aid applications, and the economic fallout of the coronavirus pandemic is expected to lead to an increased need for financial support.
Learn more about FAFSA and these financial aid options at the Education Service Center Region 15’s FAFSA and TASFA informational night here in San Angelo on Monday, October 26 from 5:00 - 7:00 pm, either in-person or virtual through zoom.
Attendees should bring or have on hand:
- Student’s Social Security/DACA Number (if applicable)
- Student’s Driver's License (if applicable)
- Student’s Federal Income Tax Return for the 2019 year
- Parent's Federal Income Tax Return for 2019
- Parents’ and students’ alien registration card (if not a US citizen)
- FSA ID/Username and Password for student and parent
- Students and parents can request a FSA ID/Username and password at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
If you plan to attend in-person, the Region 15 Conference Center is located at 612 S. Irene Street, San Angelo, Texas 76903. Due to COVID-19, the following requirements will be in place:
- Limited number of participants at one time
- Health screening and temperature checks prior to entry
- Face masks are required at all times
- Please social distance
If you prefer to attend virtually, please contact Carol Stevens at email@example.com to request the link for zoom. We hope this information is helpful for our SAISD students and families as they prepare for their future success.